Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Power Plug

Ah, my spine.  It is inside my body, connecting it to my brain, and it's the one thing that has so much value to me, besides my brain.  I haven't taken loving care of it.  This luminous, incredibly complex and utterly irreplaceable piece of equipment, encased perfectly inside the delicious form of flesh I call my body, having grown together like a tree around a fencepost.  I have inhabited it for so long, appreciating it so little, and even taking out on it my rage at feeling so trapped inside it.  But it really is beautiful.  Even though I've put it through so much, and done so little work on it since I got it.  The bare minimum to feel okay.  Oh, my lovely self, the core of me.  Let's go play together, eh?  Just you and me, spine!

No comments:

Post a Comment